Vivint’s new smart home security cameras include a video doorbell, outdoor and indoor surveillance camera, and an outdoor light.
PROVO, Utah — Vivint Smart Home has introduced a selection of private-label products aimed at enhancing its already strong position in the smart home installation market.
The company’s new lineup of company-branded equipment includes a new Doorbell Camera Pro, Outdoor Camera Pro, Spotlight Pro and Indoor Camera Pro.
“Our goal has always been to take the guesswork out of smart home and deliver an experience that takes living in a smart home to the next level,” comments Jim Nye, chief product officer at Vivint. “These products are a direct result of listening to homeowners and innovating solutions that solve real-world challenges to bring them peace of mind. Coupled with our professional installation, continuous monitoring and 24/7 customer support, Vivint is making it easier than ever for our customers to affordably make their homes even smarter and more secure.”
A new feature coming to the new suite of products is an upgrade to a proprietary computer vision chip (CVC). The new CVC adds greater intelligence to the line of cameras, allowing for improved person and object detection, as well as enhancing the Smart Deter capabilities of Vivint’s cameras.
Vivint Smart Home Doorbell Camera Pro
The Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro is the next iteration of Vivint’s AI-powered video doorbell that intelligently detects packages. It provides a 180° x 180° lens for a wide field of view, two-way talk, Smart Deter with a 90dB speaker, and Smart Clips to record the video. New features include:
- On-camera encrypted SD card that provides improved performance and continuous, 24/7 monitoring and recording.
- Upgraded camera sensor with improved HDR for better color accuracy and low-light video performance, offering significantly better detail in shadows and at night.
- Upgraded CVC for more intelligent detection and alerts when a package or person arrives or leaves the doorstep.
- New and improved form factor with a bigger, brighter LED light, and larger button.
- Coming soon will be updated Package Detection that monitors when a package is both delivered and removed from the doorstep.
Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro
The Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro includes all of the security features of the previous generation. New features include:
- Improved image color and detail with upgraded CVC that improves detection capabilities.
- An on-camera encrypted SD card that provides improved performance and continuous, 24/7 monitoring and recording – even if a Wi-Fi connection is lost.
- Compatibility with the new Vivint Spotlight Pro.
Vivint Spotlight Pro
The Vivint Spotlight Pro is a new accessory designed for the new Outdoor Camera Pro. It uses the camera’s technology to activate lighting and dynamically adapt based on what the camera is seeing.
When attached, Spotlight Pro uses all of the features of the new Outdoor Camera Pro with an added Deter Mode feature. When active in Deter Mode, Spotlight Pro can detect people on the property, shine a spotlight on them, and follow them to let them know they are visible. If a person lingers too long, Spotlight Pro will escalate to a more dramatic lighting effect to deter potential thieves.
When Deter Mode is disabled via settings, Spotlight Pro will elegantly light a path with soft, ambient light for visitors as they walk around the property to help them better see and navigate in the dark. Spotlight Pro also comes with many customizable options controllable from the Vivint app, including a setting that allows users to control which LED bulbs are illuminated.
Vivint Indoor Camera Pro
The Vivint Indoor Camera Pro has the features of the previous generation, plus:
- New audio analytics feature which will monitor for glass breaks or existing smoke and CO2 detectors and alert the smart home panel and the user if an alarm is detected.
- Privacy Mode setting so the camera can be set to only record when the smart home system is set to “away/arm.”
- Next-generation image quality, plus the new CVC that can detect people in the home and monitor specified detection zones.
- New built-in SD card that provides improved performance and continuous, 24/7 monitoring and recording.
- A sleeker, more updated form factor with a fully articulating hinge system for convenient mounting and placement options.
Vivint Smart Home adds The new Doorbell Camera Pro is available now and Outdoor Camera Pro is also available now. The new Spotlight Pro will begin rolling out to customers in July 2022, and the new Indoor Camera Pro will be available later this year.