CHICAGO — Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) announces it has acquired Videotec, a global provider of ruggedized video security solutions based in Italy. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Videotec’s fixed and pan, tilt and zoom (p/t/z) cameras are said to be designed to withstand the extreme conditions and hazardous environments of critical infrastructure, specifically ports, energy and transportation, where video security is imperative.
Videotec’s portfolio enables security operators to have clear visibility across these settings to quickly detect and respond to abnormal events or dangerous situations, reducing safety threats and supporting business continuity, according to the company.
“Protecting the security and operational continuity of critical infrastructure is vital to our cities and businesses,” says Greg Brown, chairman and CEO, Motorola Solutions. “With Videotec’s specialized suite of cameras, we’re extending the breadth of our portfolio to help secure and support the demanding environments of these complex, essential industries.”
Motorola says the acquisition of Videotec complements its line of fixed video cameras, expanding its portfolio and reinforcing the company’s position as a global leader in video security solutions.
“We’re excited to join Motorola Solutions, bringing our technical expertise in extreme environment camera design to continue driving their mission as a global leader in video security,” says Alessio Grotto, CEO, Videotec. “Together we will continue to innovate technologies that stand up to some of the most challenging conditions — protecting people, enabling productivity and supporting business continuity for essential industries around the world.”
Motorola has spent the past several years building up its Video Security & Access Control organization. Click here to learn more about its strategy and check out a chronological list of its recent acquisitions below.
- Motorola Solutions to Acquire Avigilon for $1B (Feb. 2018)
- Motorola Solutions Agrees to Snap Up IndigoVision for $37M (March 2020)
- Motorola Solutions Acquires Pelco for $110M in Cash (Aug. 2020)
- Motorola Solutions Acquires Retail Security Specialist Envysion (Nov. 2021)
- Motorola Solutions Acquires Openpath to Expand Security Portfolio (July 2021)
- Motorola Acquires Cloud Video Analytics Provider Ava Security (March 2022)
- Motorola Solutions Acquires Video Analytics Provider Calipsa (April 2022)